Monday, February 8, 2010

memoirs of a madman day 137

i wake up from a heavy sleep that feels like i maybe died and am now rising from the dead. the pool of drugs laying out is looking more like abstract art and i realize i can't even remember which ones i did last night. i have something written on my arm in what looks to be latin and i have on one shoe, underwear i don't recognize and a beanie. i must have been cold last night. i attempt to stand but fall hard on my knees. i feel nothing. this does not surprise me. my second attempt goes much better than my first and i am on my feet. the apartment smells like a horse. i feel like a centaur. I open the blinds and shutter in fear as i see that the sky has begun to fall. i step back to try and gather my thoughts. how could i let this happen!? how long have i been dead?! am i even alive?! maybe the sky hasn't fallen at all. maybe im a giant? surely its just as good an option as the sky falling. I step back to my window and touch the glass and it bends where i press and it feels like ice. i look at my hand in amazement as my own hand begins to turn to ice. i pull it off quickly and shake off the ice. "Good thinking" i tell myself. And its at that moment in time i realize i can trust no one. The world has turned and left me here, i am on my own. i look down at my hoof feet and raise my head high, the gods are challenging me and i will answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment